Statoil Gets Permit for New Well

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Statoil Petroleum AS a drilling permit for well 6507/3-10, cf. Section 8 of the Resource Management Regulations.

Well 6507/3-10 will be drilled from the Songa Trym drilling facility at position 65 55` 43.60″ north and 7 54´ 0.00″ east.

The drilling program for well 6507/3-10 relates to drilling of a wildcat well in production licence 159 C. Statoil Petroleum AS is the operator with an ownership interest of 60 per cent. The other licensee is E.ON E&P Norge AS with 40 per cent.

The production licence consists of parts of block 6506/3. The licence was carved out of production licence 159 in 2008, which was awarded in licensing round 12 B in 1989.

Wildcat well 6507/3-10 is the first exploration well in production licence 159 C.

The permit is contingent upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before commencing drilling activities.

Press Release, June 23, 2013

Share this article

Follow Maritiem Nieuws.nl

Carrière>

Events>

<< Dec 2019 >>
MTWTFSS
25 26 27 28 29 30 1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31 1 2 3 4 5
Geen evenementen Geen evenementen